Recently I was interviewed and asked to share my policy positions by the Corona Norco Teachers Association CNTA, Press Enterprise reporter Dayna Strahley, Realtors Board, and Corona – Norco Pro Family Council. Following are excerpts to help you understand my approach to School Board governance and policy.
1. Do you support parental notification laws for unemancipated minor girls seeking an abortion? YES! As a parent, I want to be involved in any medical decisions affecting my children.
2. Do you support a school board policy that would require parental knowledge or consent before school could conduct psycholocigal evaluations, testing and treatment of students? YES
3. Do you support the expansion of school-based health clinics, which may provide abortion referrals, perform examinations, and dispense medicing and birth control devices? NO
4. Do you support Proposition 8: The Marriage Protection Amendment which states, “Only marriage between a man and a woman is valid or recognized in California?” YES Jesus defined marriage when He said, “male and female He (God) has made them (people), for this reason a man will leave his father and mother and cleave to his wife.”
5. Do you support a policy that would require parental knowledge or consent before the distribution of studetn questionnaires about sex, drugs, suicide, and personal family conduct? YES
6. Do you support allowing voluntary student-initiated, student-led prayer at school ceremonies and/or events? YES As long as there are tests in school, there will be prayer in school.
7. Do you believe that a woman has a fundamental right to terminate her pregnancy at any time during the nine months of development? NO
8. Do you believe that a woman has a fundamental right to terminate her pregnancy only to save the “life of the mother?” NOT SURE
9. Do you support the inclusion of instructional materials, programs and activities that portray gay, lesbian, b-sexual and transgender lifestyles in a positive light? NO I don’t think its important to emphasize or promote sexual proclivity and practice in the course of education.
10. If faced with a budget shortfall, would you support a spending cut rather than increasing taxes? YES
11. Do you support the teaching of “Intelligent Design”, in addition to the theory of evolution? YES
12. Do you support the right of parents to homeschool their children? YES We home schooled our oldest son for many years.
13. Do you support parental choice in education through vouchers? YES
Submitted September 9, 2010 to Corona-Norco Pro Family Council