Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed that he does not fall.
No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it. 1 Corinthians 10:12-13
Temptations are going to come nearly every day. Paul gives us insight on preparing for them. He says,…
1. Don’t get cocky! If you think you are invulnerable, look out! “ake heed lest you fall”
2. Realize its nothing new and your situation is not unique, “its common to man”
3. Trust God, “He is faithful”
4. Know you can win. “who will not allow you be tempted beyond what you are able”
5. Find the escape route. “he will provide a way of escape”.
The only thing I would add is to decide ahead of time you are going God’s way. Often we set ourselves up for trouble needlessly.
How equipped am I to successfully deal with the myriad of temptations that come my way? Am I committed to going God’s way, all the time?
Lord, what a wonderful reminder of Your expectation and that You will lead me through any temptation. May I honor You in what I say and do. Help me overcome the temptations in such a way that I could easily says “Tempting, but no!”